Home Forum Ask A Member Video of 1957 35 hp please help

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    nj-boatbuilder57
    Participant
      quote 49morphew:

Exactly. But to what end. Has it become cool to mess with well meaning good intentioned enthusiasts?

Oh, yes!!

I’ve spent a lot of time on internet forums: boat building, guitar playing, pinball machines…..they all have one thing in common: trolls.

Don’t feed the trolls!!

opposedtwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years
        quote 49morphew:

Exactly. But to what end. Has it become cool to mess with well meaning good intentioned enthusiasts?

Man am I glad you said it! I’ve been smelling it for well over a week! Who spends $2800 on a common motor like this and keeps going back? We’ve been trying to help this guy and he has never once taken anybody’s advice.

49morphew
        Participant

US Member

Yep. Couldn’t take it any longer. Didn’t want to be the jerk but everyone’s trying to help……

dobber
          Participant

Ok you old goat, you think I’m making this up. If the moderator would ever fix the problem of me not being able to…….. Wait Adrian (I’m talking to myself) I’m going to barrage you with pictures videos and receipts tonight when I get home. If it kills me. For some reason I am having a lot of trouble with the functionality of this site. Logging on from my desktop, posting a simple picture. Etc etc. but you you struck a chord and if I have to go down to the Internet cafe and pay someone, you will get pictures. As for the boat and engine. It is now in the hands of the hillbilly tweakers down the street. They work on Magnum P.I. Jet skis from the early 80’s. They say they can get it running. I told them no money (except for parts) until it runs good in the water under a load. Can’t wait to show the dump truck , I mean doubter all my stuff. To the rest of you fine gentleman. See you soon. Oh and they don’t have any clubs within a 1000 miles of where I live.

dobber
            Participant

Here is the link on you tube FOR SURE. https://youtu.be/wwHVwSSm2GE. It’s the only video under Adrian Dobbs. More to come. This video was before 2 lower units, but essentially I’m still having the sMe problem

Mumbles
              Participant

Well, that’s a real motor on a real boat and it sure seemed like it jumped out of gear at least once. It could have been a bad sneeze to. Seeing how the gearcase has been rebuilt, has the shift/shifter linkage ever been adjusted to try and solve this problem? Was that the motor knocking near the end? 24:1 fuel mix in these ones keeps them happy.

As far as posting photos, moderators have no control of how you are attempting to do it. If your photos are stored in your computer, clicking the ‘Attachments’ box at the bottom of your draft will open the ‘Ad Files’ box which will allow you to choose the ones you want from your computer.

Attachments:

Pondrocket
                Participant

Lifetime Member

Dobber,

You have now caught my full attention. There are many here in this club that will give you very good advise on issues you many have with your outboard. I ask that you and all that post to this topic keep it all in check. I will leave it at that for now. Carry On.

Travis

Travis
                  AOMCI VP Communications
                  AOMCI Webmaster
                  webmaster@aomci.org

jerry-ahrens
                  Participant

US Member

I believe that engine locked up at the end of the video. How much oil are you adding to a tank of gas??
                    Is the motor pumping a good healthy spray of water out the rear at idle? Maybe it’s overheating and seizing?

chris-p
                    Participant

Sure seems like it locked up to me as well at the end. Sure seemed like a sneeze as well mid way through video?

outbdnut2
                      Participant

US Member

In that video, did you back the throttle off at all during the run? If you left the throttle up, it looked to me like the slow down and eventual seize due to overheating like the others suggested. These motors are usually quite forgiving of overheating and will unseize and run again after a brief cool off period. You should have a strong water discharge all the time it’s running from the outlet that’s a few inches below the rear of the engine cover, because this motor has no thermostat. You could have a bad water pump, or the water tube up to the engine not connected when the lower unit was put back on the exhaust housing. When these motors overheat, they often give a big jerk (sneeze) at they seize and sometimes before.
                        Dave

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 34 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.