Home Forum Ask A Member What are you bringing to Tomahawk?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Buccaneer
    Participant

US Member

I’ve been think about what to bring to Tomahawk to sell.
      I have too many green Johnson’s, some HD-25’s 2-1/2 hp, TD-20’s 5 hp,
      and QD 10 hp, etc. Some are free, some froze up.
      I know these green Johnson’s don’t garner a lot of attention
      nor money.
      Are they even worth hauling the 300 miles, or should I just
      leave them home? If I thought I could get $20 bucks a piece,
      I’d load them up.
      What do you think?

What are the rest of you bringing?

Prepare to be boarded!

2fast4me
      Participant

I’m bringing a "1929 GOPHER Model B" but it’s not for sale. It’s a barn find and I need input.
        JIM

2Fast4Me

Buccaneer
        Participant

US Member

Jim, I hope to see your Gopher. I’ve never heard of one.
          Just did a search, and see the Gopher engines
          where made in MN at the University of Minnesota,
          buy their engineering department!
          http://www.oldmarineengine.com/discus/m … /2263.html

Prepare to be boarded!

2fast4me
          Participant

Buccaneer,
            I hope they let me display it in the arena it is a "true barn find", its new to me only had it since last Saturday, I’m still doing the "autopsy". I’m not finding more than what you posted on it. I’ll start a new thread maybe with pictures.
            Jim

2Fast4Me

fisherman6
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Bucc,
              You ought to be able to get 20 bucks out of any OMC motor that is not stuck and mostly complete. I can’t think of a QD that was all there that I wouldn’t give 20 bucks for. I gave 20 bucks for my QD-13 last year at Tomahawk and it’s a good runner now that I enjoy getting out and running on the boat. I say load em up. I don’t have too much in the way of motors sell. I’m still kind of building my parts pile. I do have a 1989 Mercury 60hp I need to get rid of. It takes up a lot of room in the truck and it’s really hard to move so I think it stays home this trip. I already have 7 motors I’m picking up this year and I’m not even there yet. 🙄
              -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

b-dittmar
              Participant

US Member
                quote Fisherman6:

Bucc,
                You ought to be able to get 20 bucks out of any OMC motor that is not stuck and mostly complete. I can’t think of a QD that was all there that I wouldn’t give 20 bucks for. I gave 20 bucks for my QD-13 last year at Tomahawk and it’s a good runner now that I enjoy getting out and running on the boat. I say load em up. I don’t have too much in the way of motors sell. I’m still kind of building my parts pile. I do have a 1989 Mercury 60hp I need to get rid of. It takes up a lot of room in the truck and it’s really hard to move so I think it stays home this trip.

quote :

I already have 7 motors I’m picking up this year and I’m not even there yet. 🙄

-Ben

SUCKER 😆

fisherman6
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years
                  quote B-Dittmar:

quote Fisherman6:

Bucc,
                  You ought to be able to get 20 bucks out of any OMC motor that is not stuck and mostly complete. I can’t think of a QD that was all there that I wouldn’t give 20 bucks for. I gave 20 bucks for my QD-13 last year at Tomahawk and it’s a good runner now that I enjoy getting out and running on the boat. I say load em up. I don’t have too much in the way of motors sell. I’m still kind of building my parts pile. I do have a 1989 Mercury 60hp I need to get rid of. It takes up a lot of room in the truck and it’s really hard to move so I think it stays home this trip.

quote :

I already have 7 motors I’m picking up this year and I’m not even there yet. 🙄

-Ben

SUCKER 😆

😆 😆 😛 😆 😆
                  YaIKnowIt!
                  -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

jerry-ahrens
                  Participant

US Member

Just finished up getting the boat ready today. I’m bringing my Alumacraft FDR with a 57 Big Twin on the back. Got the tires and wheel bearings checked too.
                    I wish I could rent an aluminum fishing boat [without a motor] so I could bring a long some extra motors to run. I checked a couple places and they only rent boats with motors. I guess I need to build a double decker trailer so I could haul an extra smaller boat along… say an Alumacraft F, or a model R would be nice ! Looking fwd to seeing everyone!

skanders01
                    Participant

Still not a member for a full year yet, and Tomahawk will be my first meet. I can sense the anticipation in these emails…it’s contagious.

If you will allow a newbie to twist the question around on you, what SHOULD a first timer bring? Coming from Green Bay, so my trip is very short.

Looking forward to my first….thanks for any what to brings!

Kyle

Kyle Anderson
                      Trempeleau, WI
                      skanders@triwest.net
                      920-764-0501

dan-in-tn
                      Participant

US Member

Well this is just my second trip. I don’t plan to bring much since I am picking up a boat there. Also an engine on the way. I am bringing someone with me from farther away than me, but we will let that be a surprise! Its always hard to decide what to bring. I have too much stuff already, but the buying frenzy usually hits once you are there. Be it parts or motors. It is nice to make a list of parts & pieces you are looking for on motors or projects that you have at home. If you are looking for anything, its probably at Tomahawk somewhere.
                        Other than that just visit and meet people from the club that you have talked to on the site. I hope to meet you as I have sold you rings for your CD motors Kyle.

Dan in TN

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.