Home Forum Ask A Member 1945 evinrude lightfour

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Buccaneer
    Participant

US Member

As long as the extra epoxy doesn’t interfere with the throttles
      movement with the cover on, I would be it would be a good idea.

Prepare to be boarded!

tinkerman
      Participant

US Member

Well I got it all back together. I e gotta figure out something on the throttle linkage as the old one is broke, bit shouldn’t be much trouble. How do the plug wires go? I put the 2 wires from rear coil to top cylinders and front coil to the bottom cylinders, sound right?

It's a jungle out there.

Buccaneer
        Participant

US Member

You’re correct.
          DSCN3905

Prepare to be boarded!

tinkerman
          Participant

US Member

After about 5 pulls on the rope I took the front cover off and pulled a plug to check for spark. Everything looked great. Put the cover back on, pulled 2 more times and it started and idles like a new one. Runs really smooth. Now my question. It raced up and down using the tiller throttle but it only bogged down a little when I used the spark advance lever on the flywheel. So why does it have both? Need to refill my barrel and tinker a little more, but pleasantly surprised with the results. This was a side project while waiting on parts for my wood boat, which was a side project from refinishing an aluminum Cherokee boat. Glad to say my wood boat is about an hours work from being completely leak free and total repaint. Hopefully back to the aluminum boat before long, more paint and woodwork than motor work…. At least that’s my hopes, but  you never know

It's a jungle out there.

tinkerman
            Participant

US Member

Also does anyone have a picture of what the original linkage from the tiller throttle looks like? I tried to salvage mine but not having any luck yet.

It's a jungle out there.

labrador-guy
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Here is a picture of a Zephyr throttle hook up.  I have 32 pictures of my light four but non of the throttle.   Maybe it will help.

dale

IMG_0010

tinkerman
                Participant

US Member

That may do it. Very much what I had pictured in my mind for the lightfour. You only have the narrow slot in the front cover to work with

It's a jungle out there.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.