Home Forum Ask A Member 1954 Evinrude for rebuild and/or parts.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SolidTop
    Participant

Hi all,

I have my father’s old Evinrude outboard motor (1954, I believe) in my basement. I no longer have a need for this motor and I’m wondering where I might donate such a unit. I suspect it could be rebuilt, and at worst, used for parts.

Any help would be much appreciated… by the way I’m in Seattle, WA

crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

great motors ….mostly need tlc ( coils, points etc.. impeller ….carb job…. nothing serious if dad took care of it…..

DO NOT JUNK IT … someone will be along for sure

Joining AOMCI has priviledges πŸ™‚

fleetwin
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Can you post a classified ad here? I’m sure one of the members in your area would love to have the engine….

Mumbles
          Participant

I know a club member down Olympia way who might be interested in it. There’s another one in the Renton area.

PugetSoundBoater
            Participant

Hi Solid top, I am AOMCI club member PugetSoundBoater in Shelton (near Olympia) as our fellow member Mumbles mentioned. I am interested in getting the 1954? Evinrude ,and /or get it give it to our member in Renton. My email is jimfrykdot2at Geemail.com.
              I will be up there Next Wednesday at noon by the UW. If you email me your phone #,i can call and arrange a time to meet you.
              Thanks so much for contacting our club!
              Jim

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
              Robbie Robertson

crosbyman
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

pictures pictures please πŸ™‚ cd ad qd fd …?

Jim, I would pick it up myself (love freebies) but gas alone… $5 /gal to/ from Montreal will buy me a couple of those πŸ™‚

PugetSoundBoater
                Participant

I will be picking up the ’54 (or so) Evinrude Wednesday. I think it is a bigger Hp as his father took it out salmon fishing in the ocean. He always flushed it out when he got home …Good boy! Comes with the tank and hose too. Photos will some how get posted.
                  Jim PSB

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
                  Robbie Robertson

jeff-register
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Love my 53 SuperFastwin! It only weighs 67 pounds, not bad for a 15hp. Jim,
                    ENJOY!!

crosbyman
                    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

here is a nice looking Lark IV 33hp $200 cdn for you Adam πŸ™‚ with tank and controls

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1391524850

that is about $140 U$

Mumbles
                      Participant

If you don’t live there already, you might need a passport to enter La Belle Province! ☺

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.