Home Forum Ask A Member Back Again With A 1959 Gale Buccaneer 35HP

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    harpua
    Participant

I think i can handle getting a puller and getting to the coils. what size is the flywheel nut? normal 1 and 5/16 ? are these plates wedged together from time? should i lightly spray penetrant and lightly tap with hammer? any better ways to get them off if they are stuck?

I am going to go to a local marine shop and see what they have there if i have time today.

outbdnut2
      Participant

US Member

Read the current messages string started by smjaws1 about flywheel removal.
        Dave

harpua
        Participant

going to try and get the flywheel off and read smjaws helpful thread.

What is the size of the flywheel nut? thanks

piddler
          Participant

Hello Newbie again with new motor
            Just got a Sea Bee 25Hp Electro. My motor appears in good shape but appears froze up. I must have missed it if it was discussed.
            How do you jump start or attempt to, this motor.
            Thank you and thank you very Much Gary for the Gale info you found online its great.
            Piddler

vintin
            Participant

You are going to bust something if you try to jump start a seized motor. You need to free it up first.

outbdnut2
              Participant

US Member

I suggest you start a new message string here for your "new" motor. First thing to do is figure out why it is froze. It can be rusted gears in the lower unit, broken vane on a water pump impeller jamming it up, stuck rings and pistons, or seized rod or main bearings. Most of the time it is rings and/or pistons seized, but eliminate the easier stuff first. If you pull the lower unit and driveshaft off (which is easy and fast – it all comes off as one assembly) then see if it turns, if not, let us know and we will tell you how to move forward from there.
                Dave

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.