Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson 18hp FD14 1960

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    piddler
    Participant

What a great Group
      i feel as if I am letting you guys down. Super info much appreciated. Please allow me to check out what you have sent. The picture of the correct length tube will help.
      Mine does not have but about maybe 3 or 4 inched exposed .That is the reason for lineup problems. As I mentioned i did not want to pull completely out until i ran it by yall. Weather has not permitted but as soon as it does I will be back to you guys.

Thanks million
      Piddler

fleetwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Listen to Mumbles, installing that gearcase is much easier if you have an assistant. Be very careful with that shift rod connector, the threads get bunged up easily…Painting the beveled area of the shift rod is a great idea to help properly locate the shift rod into the connector. Be sure to lube up the driveshaft splines and make sure the driveshaft oring is in place also….
        Improperly located shift rod, or loose connector bolts will result in poor shifting and major gearcase problems that are expensive to repair…

Bill Reno
        Participant

US Member

Does anyone have the parts diagram for a 1960 johnson fd14 18hp?

crosbyman
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

strange marine engine.com  did not list a FD14  18hp   they do have a FD13 and a 15 listed   some parts are probably the same  depending on your needs

type  FD in the  blank space  for mdl#s listing

Evinrude Parts & Johnson Outboard Parts at MarineEngine.com

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.