Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson CD-14 Frozen Pinion Gear-Shock Absorber

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    fleetwin
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Don’t forget that the threaded tips that fit into the gearcase are sold separately by Stevens Instruments…You don’t have to buy the complete gage assembly. The price of the tips is very reasonable also…

crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I picked up a suggested ” gearcase oil pump kit” at Canadian Tire which came with 2 fittings for 12$ cdn so I have an extra pump and spare tip for Mercs… I think

the kit ” tips” hare jointed (flex a bit) and not suitable for pressure testing imho so I “glue sealed” the nipple& rim and JB welded the thing stiff …… it now works perfectly 🙂

I have an alternative option to my crappy hand pump and will be testing next week after my .. winter chores are done 🙁

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

James Tapscott
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks Fleetwin, crosbyman. So on the Stevens Instrument site its called a “lube tap”. $16.25. Any other suggestions for a decent pressure pump that doesn’t cost a fortune? The Stevens pump is $140!!

crosbyman
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnhZFn5gkG4

here is what I tried… to use but my unit was no good has explained above but….. it remains a cheaper alternative if I can get mine to work

hopefully my supplier will ship me a good one !! it does pressure and vacum tests 🙂

shop around I am in Canada

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

fleetwin
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Whatever pump you decide on must be able to read low pressure/vacuum readings accurately, 5-7PSI…

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.