Home Forum Ask A Member Look For Service Bulletin In Repair Manual?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    beerman57
    Participant

Me and everyone trying to help are having a hard time finding the service bulletin about 1958 Johnson 10hp motors upper midsection getting hot and discolored. If you have a service manual, would you please look in it for this service bulletin.

RICHARD A. WHITE
      Participant

Lifetime Member

I have the tenth edition service manual…..have not went thru it…but..if needed..

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
        classicomctools@gmail.com

legendre
        Participant

@Richard

If you have that 10th ed. manual (or any other editions) in a digital format, would you be willing to make it available to me? I can upload it to my shell, which has (effectively) unlimited bandwidth for sharing these types of documents.

At the moment, I only have the 3rd ed. (1922-1955) Johnson service manual available.

Thanks – please feel free to PM me for my email info.

RICHARD A. WHITE
          Participant

Lifetime Member

Nope this is the original book,500 pages or so…

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
            classicomctools@gmail.com

beerman57
            Participant

I have the 10th edition too, nothing about service bulletins that I could find. I think it needs to be a more year/model specific manual.

lotec
              Participant

Just to clarify, the Service Bulletins were printed independently of the manuals. I believe Johnson’s goal with each Service Manual revision (3rd Ed, 4th Ed,… up to the 10th Edition) was to incorporate what was learned in the bulletins. However, having a collection of the Bulletins and having looked through the manuals, not all of the information was incorporated. And it should be noted that Evinrude had Service Bulletins too, not all of them the same as the Johnson ones during this period.

I looked though the Johnson bulletin collection I have and could not find anything on the "hot shifter/leg" pertaining to the ’58 QD. As posted in the other thread, I believe the Dec ’54 RD bulletin I posted is the one people are thinking about. Since this is an interesting case, I’ll try to look at the Evinrude ones, though they are not as well organized or complete as the Johnson ones I have.

beerman57
                Participant

I found this on the fiberglassics site. It says Johnson put theirs in service manuals. It’s just a list I guess, I can’t open any of them.
                  #98, 714, 766 and 811 are close on the subject, #408 is about the 10hp conn. rods.

http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Ev … _Bulletins

beerman57
                  Participant

I’m about ready to do some drillin’. Unless someone comes up with something better real soon, I’m going to drill a hole from the water inlet to the shift linkage cavity. I know – maybe I should run a poll, YES or NO?

crosbyman
                    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

http://boatinfo.no/lib/johnson/manuals/ … on.html#/0

try this link evinrudes and johnson pretty much the same

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

crosbyman
                      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

why not find out why not enough water is making it way out to cool the lower part of the engine…..is it pumping water ok ? impeller changed ? water tube must be ok since the ph is not hot… isi t ?

but the down spray out of the engine is not doing its job.

time for a column..upscopy

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.