Home Forum Ask A Member Look For Service Bulletin In Repair Manual?

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    beerman57
    Participant

That’s what I was going to ask, now that I have a hole drilled in the incoming water to the shift linkage cavity under the P/H. Does anyone have a mini go-pro camera I can mount in that cavity to see what the water is doing? Just kidding, at this point I’m about done worrying about this thing. Either the hole I drilled helps, or the paint on the mid can turn black, I have other things to do and this hot midsection is probably normal for this model anyway.
      If you have half an hour, read all the replies here and in the 2 posts about QD19 overheating.

jeff-register
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Robert,
        I would check to see if you can match the copper water line at the hardware store. Get a new piece & drill it saving the original .
        It seems the first year for the change had its headaches. If you drill a piece be sure to take the solid side if the bit & bend the hole down a little so none gets into the exhaust. Have you figured out a way to see if the powerhead will still be cooled well enough? Anyone else have anything to add?
        I too have the 10th J book & nothing on hot leg & shift. Before you put it together replace the o ring on the shift shaft & clean & grease. If exhaust gasses are passing thru that it carrys the heat with it getting it hotter.

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.