Home Forum Ask A Member Mercury KG-7 Super 10

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    outbdnut2
    Participant

US Member

Back in the 1950s, people water-skied behind those when they were on light weight 12′ and 14′ aluminum boats! When you get it runnin’ try all the trim pin settings for the boat you use to insure best performance. Like the guys here said – it puts out a lot more than 10 HP, and the more RPMs you can get it to rev, the higher the HP. If you have a two blade prop instead of a 3-blade, it will go faster yet!
      Dave

4chevys4me
      Participant

If I were to part it out where would be the best place and how would I break it down to sell? Lower unit, Head, Tank, Lower shroud, Carb?? I’d really like to see it run though
        Thank you for all your help so far

GREAT FORUM!!!!!!!

The Boat House
        Participant

4chevys4me
          Participant

But Mine is the Bendix, Correct?

outbdnut2
            Participant

US Member

I wouldn’t part it out. Sell it complete.
              Dave

2fast4me
              Participant

If your motor checks out and you would like to get it running this might help. These are from a KF-7. The coils were cracked but have been sealed with Super Corona Dope. Ebay may have the military coils. Jim

2Fast4Me

opposedtwin
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

But Mine is the Bendix, Correct?

Yessir! Bendix/scintilla

4chevys4me
                  Participant

Whats it worth as is? I’m in Idaho
                    Any parts anyone might need if I go that route. I have emailed some obscure suppliers in search of parts. Fingers crossed

4chevys4me
                    Participant

are you selling this?

jeff-register
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Yes, Yours is a Bendix or called a Sintilla magneto. It isn’t that hard to make it run. Look on e bay for miltary magneto coils. You can get a “dual Fire ” coil, just ground one hv terminal to get great spark. Please do not part it out, If not interested sell it here at AOMCI. You have a collectors item. It would be a mistake to part it out. Getting very hard to find now,
                        AGAIN what is the compression of the cylinders? Take note it has no head, That’s the water jacket cover you are seeing. These Mercs install the pistons from the bottom up. No head gasket to blow, all one piece. E mail me at Jeff.50@cox.net if you want to sell it!! I will makeitrun again!! Where are you? I’m in Arizona. Love to have Twice KG7’s on the transom. E MAIL me please!!!
                        Jeff

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.