Home Forum Ask A Member New Member Introduction

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Gary Haight
    Participant

US Member

they predicted years ago  that “paper” would be phased out  with all the new fancy  gimmicks and on-line access to info…never happened  🙂

my recent purchase  was a 200$ cdn   Brother 2710 4 in 1  BW laser printer. works great … no Iphones for me !

Funny story but true story.
      Years ago before my accident I built an addition on my house. I had to pick up siding pieces on a Saturday at the local lumber yard. When I walked in all of the contractors were standing against the back wall. I walked up to the counter and asked the young lady for the siding blocks that I needed, and the contractors all started laughing. She told me that “the computers were down and she couldn’t look up the parts. The tec guy will be in to fix it within an hour.”  I looked at her and said, what did you do before computers as far as looking up parts? A old white haired gentleman sitting behind a desk, got up and walked over to the counter and reached underneath it. He pulled out the four inch thick catalog and threw it on the counter, and told the girl to look up the parts for this man! She filled out a yard ticket for me, and as I walked out, I laughed at the guys standing with their backs against the back wall and went out and got my parts.

seakaye12
      Participant

US Member

Thanks for the information on the fuel pump. my pump is a Briggs & Stratton brand. Used several of them on lawn tractors that I used to work on and never had a problem. That is why I bought that brand. I hope it stays together but I see your point of the glue. I will research the other type and change it out. Do you know any information on the screw together pump?

Well Gary I bought both styles of the pumps on-line;  dirt cheap .  They do not have B&S  logo on them but they appear to be identical to the B&S pumps…just cheaper.

I have noticed that the O’Reilly stores changed from the glued variety to the screwed ones;  perhaps they had issues as well.

I’ve heard it said that 2-stroke engines can have stronger crankcase pulses than the typical 4-Stroke on a tractor etc.  Not sure about that.  My last use of the glued together pump was on a 10HP Scott Atwater.  That pump literally blew apart;  I was surprised at the force. 

The Boat House
        Participant

Trying to get a picture to size in order to attach. I use an IPad because it is much easier to use than typing on a computer. Besides losing my left lower arm, my right hand has major issues because of over use while still working. Many surgeries.

Here we go.

Gary, do you have paint on your I-pad?
          If you do you can figure it out from here.
          Change the title of the resized image if you
          want to keep the original.
          Tubs

Gary Haight
          Participant

US Member

Trying to get a picture to size in order to attach. I use an IPad because it is much easier to use than typing on a computer. Besides losing my left lower arm, my right hand has major issues because of over use while still working. Many surgeries.

Here we go.

Gary, do you have paint on your I-pad?
            If you do you can figure it out from here.
            Change the title of the resized image if you
            want to keep the original.
            Tubs

Thanks but I do not have paint on my iPad. I guess I can download it at some point. I took a landscape view picture of the motor and then cropped it. That is the one I posted last. It was small enough to post

Buccaneer
            Participant

US Member

Some days I barely get by in the garage with two hands,
              and often wish I had three. Impressive that you can
              work on outboards. Keep up the good work!

Prepare to be boarded!

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Gary Haight
              Participant

US Member

Thanks Seakaye12. I just did some research and you are correct. A 2 stroke can produce up to 8 psi difference from pressure to vacuum in a pulse meaning it can produce up to 8 psi fuel pressure. A 4 stroke only produces 2-3 psi difference from vacuum to atmosphere pressure and typically uses an internal spring to return the diaphragm from the the vacuum pulse to normal atmospheric pressure. I ordered a Waldro FPC – 1  – 1 impulse pump (supposedly good to 25 hp) and will install when I receive it.

Finn Freeman
                Participant

US Junior Member

Here we go.

My preferred method for downsizing is to email the pictures to myself and (at least with the apple mail app) it will give me the option to keep the original size or downsize. Then download that emailed photo to my device (either phone or PC for me). Sounds counterintuitive but it works. I also do that to transfer small files from my phone to PC.

elgin2
                  Participant

US Member

Welcome to the club Gary. Beautiful motor.

The Boat House
                    Participant

Here we go.

Here is another option. Its free.
                      Don’t need to open an account, but your picture is only
                      visible for the time you select. More options if you have
                      an account.
                      Link – https://postimages.org/
                      Tubs

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.