Home Forum Ask A Member Questions for the ELTO experts

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    The Boat House
    Participant

hollerdog17
      Participant

Thanks! Answered my question so I should be good to go. BTW, what do you use (for a fuel line) connecting fuel tank to carb? Mine has a mangled copper line that I want to replace. Possibly a flex tube (reinforced fuel line) arrangement with pressed on fittings that screw into the carb & tank fittings. Your solution…?

lyks2tinkr
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

The original fuel line was copper.
          Your motor looks like a nice example of an early Elto Cub. Using a reinforced fuel line would look very out of place IMHO.

Just as a note, if you ever pop the flywheel off be careful with the spark plug wire. The attachment point on the coil is a known week spot and many if not most Cub coils are open because of this.

Does the motor have spark?

The Boat House
          Participant

hollerdog17
            Participant

Good advice, again! Removing and replacing it with something more functional is where I’ll go. You have any tanks so modified to share a picture of?
              Of note, the motor will be shipped from SoCAL to No. WI next summer for use on a canoe. Probably the first time on the water in decades!

The Boat House
              Participant

eviltwin
                Participant

What would it weigh approximately? Might be too big/heavy for a canoe. Be great on a rowboat.

lyks2tinkr
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

An Elto Cub is extremely light weight . Lot of them were used on canoes. At 1/2 hp it will move you but if there is a stiff breeze you may go backwards 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by lyks2tinkr.
                    The Boat House
                    Participant

Cub-ad

eviltwin
                      Participant

An Elto Cub is extremely light weight . Lot of them were used on canoes. At 1/2 hp it will move you but if there is a stiff breeze you may go backwards 🙂

Ah, my bad, the OP was talking about a Senior Speedster, I confused him with you and your Cub. That will fit great, as you say, and they are a sharp looking little motor. To overcome the wind, Tubs could run two or three of them at a time. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 29 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.