Home Forum Ask A Member senior moment- why doesn’t the anchor hit the stop? RDE-17 Johnson 25 hp

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    outboardnut
    Participant

US Member

Frank- does not look bent
      Buccaneer-not possible
      gjonz-not plug wires
      I will work more on Thursday
      But keep ideas coming

fleetwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Hmmm…Looks like the vertical throttle link hits its block easily….Looks like the mag plate hits its block easily when disconnected and moved manually, which would seem to say the plug wires are not causing a problem and the mag plate isn’t binding….
        Does the vertical throttle rod hit its block when connected to the mag plate? I seem to remember Frank bringing up a good point awhile back. He pointed out that sometimes the aluminum vertical throttle rods get a bit twisted…. Looks like there is wear on the block where the mag plate hits at WOT which indicates the throttle linkage worked properly at some point…

outboardnut
        Participant

US Member

The vertical throttle rod does hit its block when connected to the mag plate,
          The vertical throttle rod looks ok to me.What do you think?

DSCN3424

DSCN3425

DSCN3426

outboardnut
          Participant

US Member

DSCN3427

DSCN3428

frankr
            Participant

US Member

The vertical rod hits it’s stop, so it is ok
              The mag plate/anchor hits it’s stop, so we know it can at least go that far.
              The only interconnecting parts are the anchor itself, and the curved link. If it isn’t a funky/wrong anchor (which we don’t know for sure), then it has to be a bent link. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it—at least till somebody makes a monkey out of me.

fleetwin
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Well, the vertical throttle rod hits its stop with everything connected, so that rules out being twisted or the throttle gears being mis indexed. Perhaps that aluminum piece #41 is mis installed on the mag plate, the brass link is bent/sloppy on either the vertical throttle rod pin, or its riveted connection onto the aluminum piece #41. Looks like this will only result in a few degrees of lost WOT timing….I wouldn’t worry about it….

dave-bernard
                Participant

US Member

I am not an OMC guy but could it be that it does not need to go that far ? just asking.

outboardnut
                  Participant

US Member

right now its too cold out there for me to work but
                    Maybe Richard is right?
                    Maybe I am a tooth off?

outboardnut
                    Participant

US Member

right now its too cold out there for me to work but
                      Maybe Richard is right?
                      Maybe I am a tooth off?

pinion-gear-1

fleetwin
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Well, the gears may in fact be misindexed….But, you said that the vertical throttle rod hits its WOT stop when connected to the mag plate and advanced fully…So, it isn’t possible for the vertical throttle rod to twist/advance any farther, no matter how the gears are indexed…

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 30 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.