Home Forum Ask A Member Stolen Motor and Parts

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    outbdnut2
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Buy it back with a fake check!
      Dave

bob-d
      Participant

aquasonic
        Participant

Sure does look like Rick’s motor. There are a couple of distinctive black spots on the sheave, just above, and centered on the word “OUTBOARD”. There is also a distinctive stain on the flywheel just above and to the right of the spots on the sheave. This seller has 746 items up for sale, and has a large scale business.

OMC-Folding-Outboard

Ricks-motor-zoomed-in

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by aquasonic.
          RICK EICHRODT
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

To everyone who kept the watch, I applaud you and also want to say, I would not have found it without you! What a great club we all belong to! Yes, I jumped on the motor and bought it back. Now I hope and pray that the local detectives will FINALLY be able to do something. I am hoping that after I get it back in my possession, I will recover my cash outlay and bring this meth head thief to justice.

Now the second piece that was stolen out of my storage locker was a tote containing a 1917 Evinrude AA powerhead I desperately need to rebuild an EE that I own.

Thank you all again for keeping the watch!

Rick

kirkp
            Participant

Rick, I see the seller is in Indianapolis. Is that where you live? Unfortunately it doesn’t look like he has your other motor. Hopefully after you have it in hand he may tell you where he got it assuming that he’s not the one that stole it.
              Good luck
              Kirk

bobw
              Participant

I saw on Ebay this morning it was marked as SOLD and was hoping you were the one to buy it! Glad you got this one back and hope you can somehow get the 1917AA powerhead as well.

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
                1954 Johnson CD-11
                1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
                1958 Johnson QD-19
                1958 Johnson FD-12
                1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
                "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

crosbyman
                Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Meth head will probably swear he purchased it from a stranger thus introducing a reasonnable doubt notion forcing the LEA to drop the case…

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Mumbles
                  Participant

The seller currently has zero items for sale on the bay. Maybe they shut him down?

kirkp
                    Participant

I just checked and he must be back up. Has 726 items listed.
                      Kirk

RICK EICHRODT
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Well, it has been an experience I must say. The latest update is that the stolen motor in a box (Model 162 OMC Foldlite) has been found at a local pawn shop and the police have recovered it. The idiot thief, who first listed the item on Facebook Marketplace took it to a pawn shop in Indy. He listed the motor, using his wife’s Facebook account and when I found about it, he took the ad down pretty quickly. Now about 2 weeks pass and during that time I placed notices on Facebook Marketplace and here on the AOMCI website. Boy, am I glad I did because last Friday, the idiot took the item to the pawn shop, got his money and he thought he was in the clear. The pawn shop posted the item on Ebay for $299.99 and it was only a “buy it now” offer. Now I want to say “THANK YOU” to all those AOMCI Members who texted me telling me that the motor was on Ebay. So, I bought the motor and paid for it. Now that is not the end of the story by any means. This was Friday night (1/8/21) and Monday I received a phone call from the IMPD detectives who were newly assigned to the case as the first detective was transferred. After sending them several pictures of the items, clearly describing the motor in the box, the detective went up to the pawn shop and found out that it was my motor. The pawn shop had no idea that it was stolen and quickly took steps to hand over the information and the item to the police. I also got a full refund for the $300.00! Now talking to the detective, I told him that I would not be surprised one bit to find out that the guy who stole the motor was the same person who took it up to the pawn shop. The detective told me that it would be highly unlikely that the original culprit would do this. He said that in most cases items like this are handed off to others there by not putting themselves in jeopardy. The detective called me about two hours later and was laughing, told me that it was the thief in question who signed for the item. As it stands now, the theft recovery officer was going to make contact with the meth head, who has a criminal record and see if he still has the other item in question, a 1916 Evinrude AA powerhead that was also part of the theft. This item was in a green tote. As of today, I have not heard anything more. I believe that the meth head still had the tote because he is an idiot.

Thanks again for everyone keeping an eye out for this stuff. What a great club we have, eyes around the world!

Thanks,
                        Rick Eichrodt

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.