Home Forum Ask A Member Stolen Motor and Parts

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    RICK EICHRODT
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Be on the lookout for someone selling a motor and some parts. My storage unit was broke into and an Evinrude Model #162 which was in the metal box was stolen and the thief put it up on Facebook Marketplace. He even displayed it with a display plaque that I had in the box. The plaque stated the motor was a Elto Model 309 which was incorrect. He also stole a tote containing a rare 1916 Evinrude AA powerhead which I dearly need to repair a model EE. The police have been notified and investigating.

Evinrude AA powerhead

Evinrude Model 162

49morphew
      Participant

US Member

What an A Hole. Hope they catch the bum and recover your stuff. Good luck!

outboardnut
        Participant

US Member

I’ll be checking Craigslist Chicago
          Man that stinks

GLEN DEUTSCH
          Participant

US Member

Should be sentenced to wet sanding for at least six months.

aquasonic
            Participant

US Member

Facebook requires only an email address, and screen name to register (I think). The police may not be able to get anywhere with that. If the stuff is still for sale on Facebook, seems like it would be easy to make contact, and set up a sting operation. I hope you get your stuff back, and the satisfaction of the thief’s arrest.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by aquasonic.
              crosbyman
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

having worked myself in the telecom business with assistance to law enforcement I can assure that tracing back the owner of an e-mail address or simple avatar is not complex.

what is complex (costly) is getting a search warrant to access the info from the Telecom service provider , probably another one to search and seize if the location is known (not “fishing” searches…)
                then come accusations, court, testimonies etc… etc.. etc…

Law enforcement are more tied up with bigger stuff , and blood cases … the rest generally becomes an insurance issue for them. “that is the way it is” like the man said.

My brother had is Mercury inboard drive unit stolen (unbolted) in a dealer’s yard waiting for service . The dealer assumed no negligence in protecting customers assets and told him to claim his insurance ? goodbye Charly……

odly enough you see lots of parts for sale on the Internet from folks who have no boats ???

Unfortunately like evrything else, the burden falls on us to have our stuff evaluated and insured …if insurance companies want to assume the risk

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

jeff-register
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I’m so sorry this happened to you Rick. I’ve had things stolen from my van in the middle of nowhere in northern Arizona while doing donation work lighting up his business with neon. Talk about a slap in the face. Yours sadly is much harder to find another. The theif I bet has no use for it as he didn’t even know what he had.
                  Sadly I had cameras & processer intsalled to keep my back yard mine. I’ll keep an eye out for your stuff but to make it to Arizona may be slim. It chaps my ars to see this. We work too hard for what we have!!!
                  Jeff

fleetwin
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

So maddening indeed….Insurance money could never replace those valuable pieces. Is the ad nearby? My neigbbor’s tenants stole all his tools in the basement, we have it on video…Cops never did a thing about it, he can’t evict the SOBs due to covid. I’m not a gun guy, but am real close to getting some sort of training and buying a gun. Seems like you are going to have to answer this ad and get your stuff back on your own….

crosbyman
                    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

told you… only big or bloody stuff gets the prosecutors involved and they probably tell L.E.A. not bring up small stuff.

I was keeping a small 4 legged bathtub ( nicelttle 4 footer) behinf my shed to have it reglazed….

neighbor stole it and sold it as scrap metal… 🙁 and I had a witness see him do it but thecrook argued to the cops ” I wanted to get rid of it” as if he did me a favor ???

even with a witness the prosecutor did not touch it.

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Mumbles
                      Participant

I really hope this works out for you Rick and you get your belongings back and the culprits get what they deserve! I have no mercy for thieves.

Four years ago, my Yamaha T9.9 was stolen off my boat in the middle of the night. It took a long time but my home owners insurance helped out replacing it with a new one. A few months ago, I was on Facebooks Marketplace and an ad appeared for a Yamaha T9.9 for cheap. Right away I recognized it as my old one as I had made some custom parts for it and had used current model decals after painting it the year before. The sellers name was right there and on his page he had photos of his truck and boat with license numbers visible. His postal code was also present so Google told me which road he lived on. Perfect case, right? No. I took the case file down to the local RCMP detachment but they wouldn’t or couldn’t do much as he lived out of their jurisdiction. The ad was also on a closed buy and sell page and by the time they were admitted in, the motor was long gone. I think if this ever happens again, I’ll forget the Queens Cowboys and deal with it myself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.