Home Forum Ask A Member Value of Mercury Mark 25 Restored

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    seakaye12
    Participant

US Member

Here’s the rebuilder’s site apparently….

http://www.bandyboats.com/aob.html

THOMAS HARNISHER
      Participant

looking for throttle control for 20 H mercury race motor [Engine Cover mount]

jeff-register
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

If I may ask; What is the compression numbers? Suprise the seller with that as oil can be added to UP the numbers. Run on a boat if possable to be sure it shifts then drain a little in a glass jar, just enough to coat the glass. Let it run down the jar & look for pieces of “glitter” metal in the sun light.
          Wish you well!! P.S. Ask why he is selling. Does the block still have a lead seal? Tank?
          Jeff

dave-bernard
          Participant

US Member

For $1500.00 or less I have one with a Quckie.

kirkp
            Participant

Those posts were from 2017. However, looking at the Bandy Boats link, it appears the motor never sold.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by kirkp.
              billw
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

While I wouldn’t want to pay $1500 for a Mark 25, any more than anybody else would, I know enough about Mark 25s to guess the seller/restorer is making about a buck an hour, for his time and effort, assuming it is a true, FULL restoration.

Long live American manufacturing!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by billw.
                chuckw
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Way too high a price. Why is the 20H spark advance there with no knob? Also missing the cover on top of the recoil. What year is it? Other than 1955 I don’t think the tower and recoil were painted dull aluminum.

dave-bernard
                  Participant

US Member

1955 no supports on the saddle. there was red and sand tan in 55.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by dave-bernard.
                    THOMAS HARNISHER
                    Participant

Interested ,what is the condition and location. Tom Harnisher

Ed@deathwish-outboards
                      Participant

US Member

Looking at the re builder’s before and after photos I would say he was not starting with the best cared for motors to begin with.
                        Therefore I would want to be sure the whole engine had been gone through and not just tuned up.

I bought this MK 25 for $25.00 ….. http://deathwish-outboards.com/Mark%2025%20a.JPG and that is about what it was worth.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.