Home Forum Ask A Member ’67 80 hp V4; checking for air leaks?

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    fleetwin
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

OK, I see the mark on the flywheel and housing, but is the distributor pulley mark aligned properly? I see a little notch in the bottom of the pulley, perhaps that is it, and the mark on the bracket is covered by the ground strap?

Alan
      Participant

Look directly across from the notch, you can faintly see a mark cast into the housing. Not great light or photographer.
        Or, I’ve been timing it off the wrong mark, and my question is answered.
        Appreciated;
        Alan

frankr
        Participant

US Member
          quote fleetwin:

OK, I see the mark on the flywheel and housing, but is the distributor pulley mark aligned properly? I see a little notch in the bottom of the pulley, perhaps that is it, and the mark on the bracket is covered by the ground strap?

I wondered about that also. You would have to remove the flywheel guard to really see the timing mark. It is on the distributor mounting bracket. The picture is close, for sure, but from here I can’t tell.

Alan
          Participant

Here is a better pic.
            It looks to be the correct timing mark, based on the service manual.
            If this is the correct mark, and nobody spots any other corrections needed, I’ll button up the ignition, retest spark and compression, and then head back to the carb.
            I very much appreciate the help and support!
            Alan

Attachments:

frankr
            Participant

US Member

Yep, the timing is OK. I’ll let you move on to something else now. I dunno what. You seem to have all the bases covered

fleetwin
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

OK, you have had the flywheel off, the key is OK, and the timing belt is correct….
                Admittedly, I don’t have much experience with the older V4s, but I can’t make much sense out of the throttle cam linkage. Are there two cam rollers being used here? The profile of the cam doesn’t make sense to me…
                Frank, please educate me….Don

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.