Home Forum Ask A Member Elto Handifour

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    lyks2tinkr
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks Bob.
      I’ve used Kroll in the past and liked it as well.I also hold Marvel Mystery Oil in High regard. Both products work well.

pm-t2
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I’ve been using Gibbs for years. Haven’t found anything else that I like as much. Plus it also makes good starting fluid for test firing your motor after you get it unstuck.

I have tried putting Gibbs in the combustion chamber(s) and pressurizing it with compressed air. Just another way to force it along the cylinder walls and crawl in among the piston rings.

Best,
        PM T2

rapier
        Participant
          quote Lyks2Tinkr:

I picked up a 37 Elto Handifour model 4219 on my way to the Madbury NH meet saturday. It was an Ebay find that went dirt cheap, probably because it’s stuck but I’ll take a chance because it’s a rare motor and I like the open spark plug look.
          I soaked it down with Gibbs and tinkered with it a bit Sunday.
          This is the 1st 4 cyl of this type I’ve owned. When I took the muffler off I saw a strange port with a cotter pin through it on the back of the crankcase and was wondering what it’s for.

Nice Handifour. My 4129 Handifour has Lightfour cylinders fitted for some reason, but no shouding; is serial no 00074.

garry-in-michigan
          Participant

Lifetime Member

That cotter pin keeps the center bearing alignment pin from coming out. It has internal threads (Quarter twenty ?) to remove it in order to pull the crankshaft. It keeps the rotary valve centered while you tighten the screws that hold it in place. This is all I currently have . . . 😎

lyks2tinkr
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks Gary for the parts breakdown. I’m really enjoying that picture.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.