Home Forum Ask A Member Ultrasonic Parts Cleaner

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    kevinrude
    Participant
      quote Wagemaker:

I checked out the cleaner kit at https://www.ebay.com/itm/110V-100W-40KH … 0505.m3226, wondering if I could build one. In 1975 I built several Heathkits including a color tv. But the instructions for this kit are a bit confusing. IE: step 6 states “Shock head or transducer ceramic glue application head shock stick firmly to the pelvic floor cleaning;” Haha.

Thanks for the link. I may still give it a try.

Sounds like those instructions were written in a foreign language and then translated to English using a not-very-good translation program.

bob-d
      Participant

US Member

Chris, the Crest unit I got has a 5X9X4 tank. Not really huge but I feel large enough to do carbs which are my main interest. It has a heater, and a degauss feature which gets rid of bubbles in the solution before the ultrasonic waves start.It ended up at $300 used on EBay, started at $80, and got the bidding got hot and heavy at the end. Apparently a lot of tattoo parlors use them now, so they are popular. It also has a tank drain which makes it convenient to empty the tank. A lot of the smaller to medium units require you to dump the entire machine, which I really didn’t want to do.
        PS Chris, I sent you a PM on a seal I want to pick up.

Keninrude, the Berrymans stinks unheated. I can’t image the wonderful aroma when it starts to cook! Yea I would definitely warm it up outside. Maybe a hot plate? They recommend setting the water temp on the ultrasonic units with heater to 150-160F for good cleaning. So possibly you don’t have to get the Berrymans too hot?
        In the Porsche forums, they are using Dawn dishwashing detergent, water, and ammonia to clean aluminum engine cases, so that is mother possible cleaning solution combination.
        Regarding the poor translation from the vendor selling the kits on EBay, look on YouTube. There was an English guy who put one together and gave a detailed explanation.
        I would still love to build one, maybe a large one to do entire engine cases! Come on Kevinrude take one for the team, take the plunge,and put one together. 😆

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.