Home Forum Ask A Member What was your first outboard?

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    The Boat House
    Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
      • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by The Boat House.
      fisherman6
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Enjoy your trip this year, Tubs! Be safe and have fun.
        -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

1946zephyr
        Participant

1946 Zephyr 😀

jcrigan
          Participant

Clinton J9.

mr-asa
            Participant

Technically, my first motor was a Cal-Jet Hydrojet 4400. It was Grandpop’s motor. Dad and I have since restored it almost completely. I need to figure out the ignition system and see if that’s why it’s not running.
              It is here
              http://imgur.com/a/Sq21C

My first running motor was a ’67 Mercury 6HP, however despite changing the full water pump it runs hotter than I like. I have yet to pull it apart and see why (you can see it in a couple of pictures in the link above)

First motor I rescued was a $20 ’54 SeaBee 12HP Buccaneer. Also known as a Gale 12D10. It was $20 because it was frozen solid and had a couple of broken pieces on it

My first well running motor was either a ’54 Johnson 3HP or a ’57 Evinrude 7.5HP

I have yet to get a well running, pretty motor. I’m working on a couple of them, though. Not sure which is going to be the first one to make it across the finish line, though.

1957evinrude
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

1973 25 hp Johson

1946zephyr
                Participant

Yea, my first running motor was actually a CD-10, but the Zephyr was nearing restoration when I got the CD. 😀

spike
                  Participant

I cut lawns for several summers, saved enough to buy a new 1966 Johnson 6 hp. What a great motor! Of course it didn’t go fast enough for me ( my dad thought it was just right ) so in 1968 we traded it in for a new Johnson 9 1/2, much better !!!!!!!!!!!!

1946zephyr
                    Participant

Well, sorry to rain on your parade, my good friend……the 6 is actually a better motor. 😀 :-D. I would go snag it back.

Pete
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

A 4 cylinder 5 hp Evinrude Zepher it ran great, I don’t know the year made but I had it in 1956

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 128 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.