Home Forum Ask A Member 1958 Johnson FD-12 18 HP help needed

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Mumbles
    Participant

If you can still get them. It seems Frank is winding it down a bit and starting to pursue other interests.

http://www.franksoutboardtools.com/

frankr
      Participant

US Member

Nearly sold out and going fast.

desert-troller
        Participant

Wow, what great responses with a lot of excellent input and advice. I will be drilling out the weep holes as I feel Johnson did it for a reason unknown to me. I live in the desert so freezing is not an issue but still, drill, drill, drill. The bracket has not been purchased yet so I don’t have to worry about that, I’ll keep looking, I know I’ll find one sooner or later, just haven’t run into the right person yet is all. I am interested in the tools from Frank and sent an email, thanks for that info too!
          You guys are great and I appreciate the quick responses, I’ll be needing more help I’m sure and will get some pics up when done so you can see this beauty when done. It’s one heck of a motor that came from a great home!! It deserves to be out terrorizing a lake and showing off what an American made quality engine that’s almost 60 years old can do!

Mumbles
          Participant

Good choice of motor. There’s something I like about the ’58 FD’s! 😎

Attachments:

labrador-guy
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Yup, nice machine! I have one too!

dale

Attachments:

RICHARD A. WHITE
              Participant

Lifetime Member

Curious, I see those two as being totally different in color…or is it my computer?

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
                classicomctools@gmail.com

fisherman6
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years
                  quote FrankR:

Nearly sold out and going fast.

Frank,
                  Are you going to continue making any of your tools? I didn’t know you were giving any of them up. 😮
                  -Ben

EDIT: It looks like not. I just checked your website. Oh boy, I better get busy and get what else I need. 😯 😥 I respect your decision to tend to the bucket list, however. I love the timing fixture I have and I use it a LOT.

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

opposedtwin
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years
                    quote Richard A. White:

Curious, I see those two as being totally different in color…or is it my computer?

Richard,
                    It’s not your computer. The first one looks original to me but the second is a restoration in which the color isn’t a good match of the original.
                    Scott

chris-p
                    Participant

Mumbles paint looks like NYMarine paint to me.

wedgie
                      Participant

Colour difference in the photos is probably due to lighting. Mumbles was taken in natural daylight, and Labrador guy’s under artificial (fluorescent?) light.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 47 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.