Home Forum Ask A Member 1960 15HP Gale Buccaneer Sea King

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

should be a o ring under that brass sleeve

changing the oring is not so bad…………….. lots of Utubes on it

me….. I used the tap and rod method with a block of wood worked great on my oldies

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ut … &FORM=VIRE

if oil is not recent and… remains waterless maybe you should NOT FIX IT for now

clean out that L’/U cavity that drain hole should drain. I cleaned out a Merc 4hp with sand and crud an inch thick down that cavity

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

markpatty72
      Participant

Thank you. That’s very encouraging.

markpatty72
        Participant

The 15 hp Sea King runs well and water pump works fine. My Ignorance was the problem. Disassembled everything. Water pump was is in good condition. Reassembled everything. Water muffs do not work on this engine as previously stated by FrankR. Covered the lower foot as high as the water pump in a large container of water. Started the engine and water began to come out the upper exhaust port almost immediately. Its amazing an engine almost as old as I am works so well. Cranks first pull.
          Thank all of you who have contributed to healthy outdoor activities and away from Internet games. I can now take my son-in-laws fishing and my wife, kids and grandkids for a little trip on the lake.
          Thank you so much!
          Mark

crosbyman
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

and grand kids will one day use grand pa’s motor if you oil it properly 😆

markpatty72
            Participant

I will keep it oiled:-)
              Speaking of oil, I have used 24 to 1 fuel / synthetic oil mix. Apparently a lot of oil is not being burned because oil was seeping out the lower foot seam and weep hole. I was told by the man I bought it from he ran 40 to 1 synthetic oil mix. He said he did not run the engine very much. He was in old retired Navy submariner. I know there is much controversy over fuel oil mixes.
              Does anybody have any real data that might help as I would like to use as little oil as possible?

crosbyman
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

oil is cheap…. if you are worried about the pollution… you can use bio degradable oils like BRP xd100 $$$ about $50 gal and it is good for the innards of the engine (almost…no smell, no carbon build up)

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.