Home Forum Ask A Member 1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18hp Carb Problems after rebuild

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    1957evinrude
    Participant

US Member

She is a beauty and running like new. They are my favorite motor.I have three of them!!!

bobw
      Participant

US Member

Well done – looks and runs great! Always rewarding when you can bring these old classics back to life.

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
        1954 Johnson CD-11
        1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
        1958 Johnson QD-19
        1958 Johnson FD-12
        1959 Johnson QD-20

β€œEvery 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
        "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

cesarp35
        Participant

Thanks guys, it sure is rewarding to see it run after all the head scratching along the way

chinewalker
          Participant

US Member

You will not be able to get it properly adjusted on the idle or high speed until you get it on a boat and can do it with a proper load on the motor.

Also, get rid of the primer bulb in the line and just use the button on the tank.

Other than that, you’re well on your way! Beautiful motor! I’ve got a real soft spot for the survivors.

cesarp35
            Participant
              quote Chinewalker:

You will not be able to get it properly adjusted on the idle or high speed until you get it on a boat and can do it with a proper load on the motor.

Also, get rid of the primer bulb in the line and just use the button on the tank.

Other than that, you’re well on your way! Beautiful motor! I’ve got a real soft spot for the survivors.

Yeah i don’t know why the previous owner had the primer bulb also, as the tank is in good working condition, i will remove it and just use the hose as suggested. Thanks

garry-in-michigan
              Participant

Lifetime Member

The previous owner may have had the tank mounted in the bow of the boat for better weight distribution. You are still required by law to fill a portable tank outside the boat. Built in tanks must be vented (and filled) to the outside the boat. I have seen several disasters caused by gasoline fumes in the bilge. . . 😎

cesarp35
                Participant
                  quote Garry in Tampa:

The previous owner may have had the tank mounted in the bow of the boat for better weight distribution. You are still required by law to fill a portable tank outside the boat. Built in tanks must be vented (and filled) to the outside the boat. I have seen several disasters caused by gasoline fumes in the bilge. . . 😎

Thanks, oh and by the way i Love your quote Gary "Living my dream because Reality is too expensive . . ." Nice, ain’t that the truth!!!

crosbyman
                  Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

saw a good one the other day

A man’s loyalty can be tested when he has everything… a woman’s loyalty can be tested when he has nothing

I did not write that one… so please don’t hang me.

Joining AOMCI has priviledges πŸ™‚

cesarp35
                    Participant
                      quote crosbyman:

saw a good one the other day

A man’s loyalty can be tested when he has everything… a woman’s loyalty can be tested when he has nothing

I did not write that one… so please don’t hang me.

Nice one LOL

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.